Shops and Shopping
Презентація по слайдам:
Aim: to recognize new words in the texts, understand their meanings and use them discussing the topic; to watch video for the main ideas and specific information; to do tests on computers; to саrry on a conversation about shops and shopping.
Read and say: - who went shopping last Sunday; - who had a big basket; - what Susie had in her hands; - which shops the family visited; - what things the Brights bought that day; - why it is good to do the shopping together.
Dear Dad, We’ve been in New York since Sunday. We’ve seen all the sights and I’ve taken lots of photos. And of course, we’ve been shopping. I haven’t bought very much, but Suzie has spent a fortune on presents. She’s gone to Century 21, a huge clothes shop. She’s been there for hours! She’s just sent me a text message. She’s tried on four pairs of trainers and six jackets! Love Amanda P.S. Have you fed my fish?
We use thepresent perfect 1to talk about recent events and to give news 2withfororsinceto say how long a situation has existed
1. Hi, Amanda. Century 21 is great! ________(try) on four pairs of trainers and six jackets. __________(you\buy) anything?
1. Hi, Amanda. Century 21 is great! I have tried on four pairs of trainers and six jackets. Have you bought anything?
2. No, I haven’t. I must be careful – I have spent enough money this week! Is Mum with you?
3. No, she isn’t. She (go) to the supermarket to buy some fruit. (Dad\phone) this afternoon?
3. No, she isn’t. She has gone to the supermarket to buy some fruit. Has Dad phoned this afternoon?
Homework. Group A: Make a report about shopping in a supermarket. Write 10 sentences about your shopping habits. Group B: Make a report about shopping in your local shop. Make up 8 questions to ask your classmates. Group C: Write about shopping in a supermarket.